- Advance requests for reservations may be accepted up to 90 days in advance for reservations during public operating hours or twelve (12) months in advance during non-public hours, based on availability. Reservation may be made either in person or by telephone. Any one reservation may not exceed five (5) separate days and only one facility may be reserved. The entire reservation must be completed before additional dates may be requested. Lessee shall enter the facility only during the designated reservation time period. Early entry is not permitted.
- The number of guests will be restricted to the stated capacity of each room.
- Persons making the reservation shall ascertain the exact time facility is needed; admittance shall not be made prior to the time specified on the reservation agreement. If reservation extends beyond lessee's designated time, additional charges will be assessed.
- Set-up and clean-up must be completed within the reservation time frame.
- Two adult chaperones (age 21 or over) shall be required for function of fifty youth (under age 18) or less, with one additional chaperone for each additional 25 youth. Chaperones shall be present when the center is opened and remain throughout the activity and not leave the center until all youth have left the center.
- Per City Ordinance 26.03 (A), consumption of alcoholic beverages on public property, including parks and recreation facilities, is prohibited. The Garland Police Department will be notified if this ordinance is violated. Gambling and smoking are prohibited inside the recreation center.
- Lessee shall be responsible for payment of repair costs for damages to PARD property and equipment caused by group using the center.
- Decoration plans must be approved by center supervisor or designee. Center Supervisor or designee may require City of Garland Fire Marshall review of decoration plans. Decorations may not be attached to the building.
- Open flames, including chaffing dishes and sterno cans, smoke/fog machines are not allowed.
- A limited number of tables and chairs and equipment shall be available for rental. Lessee is responsible for setting up and taking down tables and chairs and returning them to chair/table caddies during reservation time. Requests for additional equipment must be made in advance. The facility must be left in a clean and orderly condition.
- If cancellation is required, notification must be received at least one week in advance of scheduled use date, and a refund in the amount of 75% of the reservation fee will be returned. If cancellation notice is given less than one week of the scheduled date, all reservation fees will be forfeited.
- If reservation cancellation is initiated by Lessor, center staff will secure alternate site (if available). If unable to do so, lessee may reschedule or receive a full refund.
- The recreation center facilities are available for private reservation by individuals or organizations for recreation purposes only. Any money raising activities including collection of fees for admission or to sell food, drinks, or commodities in the building or on building grounds must be approved by the Parks and Recreation Director or designee. At no time shall reserving party sublease or assign its lease to another group or organization.
- Nondiscrimination Requirement: No person, firm, corporation, organization, association, league or group shall be denied the use of park premises or facilities because of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, or disability. The Lessee shall comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- For any changes to your reservation, contact the recreation center directly. For weekend emergencies, when the recreation centers are closed, please call Standby at 214-449-5946.
- Payment must be received at the time of booking any reservation reservation.
For reservations with Bounce houses.
- Bounce House Capacity = 5 children ages 12 and under.
- Somersaults and flips are not allowed inside bounce house.
- Food, drinks and gum are not allowed inside bounce house.
- Socks must be worn to protect feet. Shoes and bare feet are not allowed.
- Climbing or hanging from netting is not allowed.
- Please do not hang personal items from the netting.
- The inside of the bounce house must be swept out and wiped down with provided disinfectant before bounce house is deflated and reservation is complete.
- Bounce house will be deflated 15 minutes prior to end of reservation time.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in termination of reservation and liability for replacement of bounce house.